Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/29 Assignment- Delicious

(Sorry this is late. I was out of town. I had time to post comments to other stories before I got to this.)

del.icio.us is a social networking tool that lets me access my bookmarks from any computer and to share bookmarks that I think may be interesting to others. I can use it as a resource for my own research, and I can share those bookmarks with others of a like mind. For example, as I look for information for this class I have been posting the bookmarks to my Delicious page. I can make that page available to anyone. I can share or not share bookmarks. Each bookmark can be tagged with multiple terms which are searchable (like the tags on this blog entry) so I and others can quickly find items of relevance to our work. Perhaps most usefully, I can create a network of people who also have Delicious accounts where we could be very specific about the bookmarks we want to pass around among ourselves. Here is one of many descriptions of Delicious' uses in Journalism.
It took me awhile to get used to this but I've found it to be pretty useful now that I'm getting the hang of it.

No comments: