Sunday, November 30, 2008

Digital democracy

For my final project I am investigating how the digital revolution is and could impact the way government/democracy works. Through my scan of research on the subject, I previously posted three good sources for different perspectives on this issue. Here are two additional sources I plan to use that explore different angles:

A CNN article, written by Craig Newmark of Craig's List, offers a number of examples of how the Internet is changing the way democracy works. In the article he lists examples of what different cities around the country are already doing. This provided some up to date leads for my project.

The second source is an article in The Independent in the UK, which gives some critical voice to the questions we have been exploring in our class, such as: Is more participation really a good thing?

Both of these items provide useful information for my project and hit on topics we have discussed in class.

No comments: