Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Video Your Vote

Someone sent me this link today: http://www.youtube.com/videoyourvote
I gotta say this is pretty cool! This is a joint effort between PBS and YouTube/Google.

As of now there are 809 videos posted.
For Minneapolis there is the UpTake video about alleged voter intimidation phone calls. But I really love David Gillette's illustrated voting experience video. Isn't he the same guy that does a similar bit on "Almanac"?

I don't know if it's good or bad that there is only one little purple pin on that map. Is it under reported or not happening? I'm hoping for the former! Although it's really sad that the little purple pin is stuck in Minnesota.

To be safe, they suggest checking with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University to verify the laws in your state. The Citizen Media Law Project uploaded a fun primer on videoing your vote, you can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhTNNXJIJQ

Well, 816 videos now.

Have fun watching the results this evening!! While you all kick back and enjoy your favorite adult beverage and watch as pundits and broadcasters do the electoral math... please enjoy an adult beverage for me. I'll be in Bloomington photographing the Republicans party.

No comments: